Wednesday, December 28, 2011

And back again...


It took us a while to get to Newport and when we finally arrived it was almost noon. Jason was in the lab and the bus dropped us off close to where we had been surfing the day before but we didn't have a clou how to get to Newport. The most logical thing for us to do was to go and get a coffee first and then to worry about everything else.We found a nice litte shop in which a few men were having their after-surf coffee. We asked from where we could catch a bus to Long Beach but they didn't know that either. Instead one of them offered to give us a ride to Sunset beach, which is just before Long Beach and so we threw our stuff in the back of his truck (everyone here laughts when I say ute) and enjoyed the ride. He was an experienced surfer and shaper and I could get some helpful information from him about beaches and breaks in the area. He dropped us of in a big parking area, we had brunch at Subway and waited there for a while, planning our next steps. I had called Kenny and we could stay with him but he was working for another couple of hours which gave us some time to do our own stuff. The only problem was though, that we didn't really have own stuff to do so we walked to the beach, checked the surf, there was no swell at all and decided to chill at the beach. I had a little bit of spiced rum left and some coke which made me very happy and Bekki finally had the time to get her new sketch book out and to draw something which she should do a lot more often because she is very talented. It was nice at the beach, maybe a little bit chilly but very lonely and peaceful and time didn't seem to matter anything then. We just sat for a while, talked and watched the birds until Kenny called that he could pick us up. He was invited to holiday celebration at his old school to which he wanted to and we followed him happiely because he had told us they would have free food. I don't know about everyone else but free food always works for me... It was a good decision to go! There was a big buffet with a lot of different things like cheeses, bruchetta, tiny spinache and feta pies and so on. They also had coffee, eggnog and hot apple cidre, which went well with the fancy little desserts (my favorite was the white chocolate tart with Mango). We met one of Kenny's friends and her parents there with whom we chatted while we feasted and Bekki found a pair of headphones that she bought with a really good discount.Stuffed and happy we drove back to Kenny's place but on our way we passed a pumpkin patch with pumpkins for only 1$. We got really exited about making pumpkin pie out of them and raced home with some nice ones. Brianne, Kenny's girlfriend came over and helped us and we had a lot of fun making those pies from scratch. The next day we slept in and had pumpkin pie for breakfeast (yummmmmmm) before we went to Portfolio, our favorite coffe place where we me Dani who we hadn't seen in a few days. We decided to get some more pumpkins, Dani wanted some to, and to our great surprise they were for free. It was the last day before the pumpkin patch was being transformed into a christmas tree lot and they were trying to get rid of the last pumpkins with which we gladly helped. Dani took about 15, Kenny almost 50 pumpkins of all sizes with the plan to make as many pies as he could eat. Bekki and I went back to Dani's where we made pizza with arugula salad and (who would have guessed) pumpkin. Because all our stuff was at Kenny's place we went there and ended up playing another game of Catan with Brianne and Mike until 3 o'clock in the morning. It was a slow and unenthusiastic game and everyone seemed to be a bit annoyed that no one stood up and stopped it because all of us had to get up early for Disneyland.

My future car, I just wished I could have put some of the stuff on my back into it...

My boards, my bags my rum 'n' coke and my beautiful girlfriend at the beach. What more do you need?

I wanted to go for a surf later on and the wetsuits were still wet...

3 comments:

  1. I love the shots with you and all your surf gear. Keep dreaming about that bus - sometimes dreams come true.
    L, Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... so many new posts :)
    I really like them!
    And I remember that day at the beach very well,
    isn't it a wonderful feeling to just sit at the beach with nothing to do than to be and enjoy?!
    Hope you're having a blast in the mountains <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that both of you are very happy! That's wonderful!
    Tim, I wish you a happy new year. And Bekki, it's so good, to have you here for a while.. :)
    Love, Stella

    ReplyDelete