Tuesday, February 28, 2012

One lucky man


On Monday I finished most of the preparations for my trip, went by Kenny's place to say goodbye to his parents and met up with a bunch of people for a farewell dinner in the evening. I was surprised and very happy to see how many had showed up and I felt so lucky and privileged to be surrounded by all those awesome people. Almost everyone from the LB area came. Dani, Kenny, Brenna, Lauren, Chris, Lindsay, Mike, Tom, Michael, Ivy, Mike, Leo, Eli, Shawn, Brianne, Bridget, Johnny and his partner were there to say goodbye and it made me very proud that I could call all these wonderful people my friends.
With a smaller group we went back to Dani's place, where I could have a beer too... and we had a partly sentimental but beautiful evening together. I also went to say goodbye to Della, Dani's mum, Joei, Kara and the dogs (Kaley wasn't there) who had taken really good care of me during my time here and had lovingly integrated me into the family.
It was not easy to say goodbye to every single friend in SoCal but I am sure that it won't be very long until I see them again.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you have made some great friends Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good friends make good friends. I really enjoyed getting to know you and getting to hang out/surf with you. I already miss having you around. Went surfing alone today. Would've been more fun with a buddy.

    ReplyDelete