Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Farm 1.2 and Captain Thunderbolts Cave

It's great here on the farm and Bekki and I are really enjoying our stay here. It's lovely to have my family around me and get  to know all of them a little bit better. There is so much to discover here. For instance, I didn't know that my Grandfather was a really surfy guy when he was younger. And heaps of the stuff from the old days when my ancestors built the farmhouse is still there and working. To go through that old stuff is almost like traveling back through time. But also the now is very nice there.
On Monday Sally took us for a walk to Captain Thunderbolt's cave. Thunderbolt was an Australian outlaw who is often compared with Robin Hood because of his actions. It's actually a really cool story, check it out if you like... The Ledgend Of Thunderbolt
We had a look at the remains of his hideout, a small cave in the bushland, where he lived for some time. It is a really cool cave but when you consider that he had to sleep there in winter with only a small fire it doesn't seem so cool anymore.
After having a pick-nick on top of the cave we drove back to the farm where I could chop some wood for Gran and Pa. It may sound a bit weird to hear this from me but I really liked it to do some work after hanging around for such a long time. And I felt very satisfied after finishing the whole pile of wood.

1 comment:

  1. There is also a gate somewhere, Jonas started painting it 2 years ago, I didnt finish it and so its your turn to..at least put SOME more colour on it!

    ReplyDelete