Sunday, July 3, 2011

Armidale

Once again it seems that I'm a little bit behind with my posts but the last few days were really busy and I didn't find the time to fill you in on the latest happenings. Until now. It is a lovely Monday morning on the farm, Bekki is playing with the girls and Jack's not there so I can use this quiet moment to recall what we have been doing over the last week.
I'll start where I left you about a week ago. We arrived safely but tired at Aunty Ann's place on Monday morning. After two cups of coffee and pancakes for breakfast Ann and the two girls took us for a drive around Armidale, a small country town, only a bit smaller than Eckernfoerde. The next day we went for a walk at "Bluehole", which is a waterhole near Armidale with a bush walk along Australia's first commercial Hydro-electric Scheme. The Gara river, which follows the bush track for a while, had a lot of water because of the heavy rain in the prior days and was beautiful with its waterfalls and rock holes.





Don't you think the stone looks a bit like a heart?

We spent a few more days at Ann's place and just enjoyed the comfort of a warm bed, very delicious food and the company of lovely people. It was a really nice and recreating time and Becks and I loved it there. We left Armidale on Thursday to head up to the farm and meet the other part of my family.
It's still very cold up here and we get frost over the nights but we have a warm place to sleep in and it's still beautiful when the sun comes out.






No comments:

Post a Comment