Thursday, May 19, 2011

SYDNEY...at last!

Hi folks,

here's my first blog entry. But what shall I write about? I guess I just give a brief overview over my trip so far.
The flight was LONG! I was trying to find an other word for it but this one describes it in the best way. After a  6 hour flight I landed in Dubai where I bought a camera ate something and tried to sleep. Unfortunately the third point didn't work out to my satisfaction. After hanging around more than 10 hours at the airport my aircraft, a huge and supercool A380, took of towards Sydney, Australia. I really don't know how I managed to survive that trip. I still couldn't sleep so I killed time watching  the latest movies (my tip: The Fighter), trying to sleep and Bacardi&Coke...I guess that was the trick. After a 14 hour flight and the weird sensation of watching your hangover come and go again I arrived in Sydney. FINALLY!
Bekki picked me up at the airport and drove me up to the northern beaches, where we met Tim after a brief surfcheck and a little walk along Mona-Vale main beach. It was so nice to see all the places I loved and had to leave in 2007. It felt like coming home. After a late breakfast we headed down to Newport beach where we watched the surfers and relaxed in the sand. On the way back up to our car my tiredness struck me. I was hardly able to lift my feet and Bekky almost dragged me up the last steps. Tim told me to take a hot shower and jump into bed and so I finally slept (after about 45 hours without sleep) for 1.5 hours. Later on we drove up to North-Bilgola headland, ate a warm soup and sunk into bed at 8pm.


The next day started slow. We had a morning swim, caught up with Dylan before he had to leave for uni and headed to Narrabeen to buy a wetsuit. We found really good wetsuits and paid a lot lot lot. But I love it!
Keen to test the latest material emerged from the Rip Curl Search we drove to Longreef and surfed for
2 hours. It was beautiful! The waves where small but clean and powerful. I was stoked. That first surf made my day and it was ironically the same spot I had my first surf in Australia. Now I'm with the Barbers and I'm probably going to meet heaps of the guys I went to school with. I'm really exited...

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel bro, I remember arriving in Down Under and feeling like this is where I belong. Surf a wave for me and pass on my love to the Youngs and the Barbers and Bekki and Ta.

    ReplyDelete