Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 3

After a very slow and lazy second day we planned to walk around the island to get some physical exercise. It turned out to be a better training than we thought because it was such a hot day. We left after lunch (a big mistake but I really didn't want to miss it) and were accompanied by two German guys who we met and who also came from Australia. We didn't make it all around the island because we got caught by the beauty of sunset beach again but it was a fun trip. We stopped every now and then for a swim  or a snorkel and to refresh ourselves and had a great day.


Another one of those beautiful beaches of Mana.

This dog followed us for most of the time. There are many semi wild dogs on Mana but they are so much nicer than the wild dogs from Indonesia.

The only place we found that you could jump off from. The water there is about 3m deep and so clear that you can see right to the bottom and sometimes you can see really big fish swimming past along the rocks.

I couldn't be bothered to rent snorkeling gear every day so I made myself a snorkel out of a piece of bamboo. Bekki brought those goggles and it worked out really well, even though I had to hold my nose together with my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment