Sunday, November 6, 2011

Leaving home...?

I can't help it but I start to hate the traveling part o the traveling.
To get around from one spot to another is always so time consuming and exhausting that you mostly need the next day to get over your "jet lag". I won't write too much about the trip down from Armidale because I seem to repeat myself in my complaints which pulls this blog a bit too much into the negative for my own liking. And if I try to filter out the positive aspects of the "only" eight hour bus trip I must say that it wasn't the worst we've ever had. Unfortunately my inability to sleep on the road kept me awake, or rather in some sort of light trance that provides some rest but keeps you aware of what's happening around you, but we didn't stop very often and each of us had two seats to ourselves.
Dylan picked us up from the bus in Narrabeen because he had to go to a costume shop for a Halloween party that night.
We had a quiet day. Dylan prepared his costume, Tim and Janelle were working and Lucy was at school so we relaxed a bit and went for a walk down to the beach in the afternoon. It was a cold and wet day but we were to tired to do anything exiting anyway.
In the evening Tim dropped us at Matt's place, where some of Newport's cool guys were drinking to get ready for the pub. It was cool to see them a last time before we left and to say goodbye properly. Back in 2007 my farewell had been a bit brief because I had skipped my last week of school and we didn't manage to get together before I left and it felt a lot better to do it the right way. We didn't go to the pub though because we had to get up early and I needed some sleep.
We had said goodbye to Dylan when he left to go to the party and to Tim after he dropped us of at Matt's. Janelle and Lucy got up with us in the morning and drove us to the bus stop where we shared a last coffee and finally parted as well. It was     particularly hard to say goodby to the Barbers and the Youngs who we had called the day before because they gave us so much love, support and company during our time in Sydney and made us really feel at home there. It made our time there very special and I can't wait to go back and spend more time with them. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment