Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 6

Our last day. We found another quiet spot on the other side of the island because sunset beach got a bit crowded towards the end of the week. It wasn't quite legal to be there because it was were the 5 star resort was going to be but no one cared that we were there. We had found a Mango and a very nice Fijian family who invited me for lunch had given me a cooked bread fruit so we feasted under a palm tree on a lonely beach. It was one of the best days on the island and definitely a great way to say goodbye.
We walked on top of the highest hill on the island. This is the view on to the southern lagoon.

Sunset at sunset beach, when the native animals come out to chill...

Footprints of a mermaid...

Model action!


The staff put on a fire dancing show the night we left.
We actually had something like a party going on the last night which was a bit of a change after all the chilled out Kava sessions we used to have in the evenings. It was great fun and the alcohol made me feel awake which was very different to the grogged feeling you get from being on Kava.

I felt sick the day we left but I think that I have to blame the drinks from the night before, rather than the fact that we were leaving or bad karma. We woke up very early (I always wake up early when I'm hungover, which is one of my rather useless habits) and even had to wait for the breakfast because the staff was still sleeping (hungover). We spent the rest of the afternoon packing and waiting for the ferry that arrived at 11 o'clock Fiji time and left, after a farewell song and lots of hugs and handshakes, for the main land.

Our Fijian island adventure was already over but it was so nice, that I can't see a way that I wont come back in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Timbo, it was so great reading your blog and seeing those fantastic pictures of Mana. You guys seem to be having a really great time. It seems to be a bit of a change too from Australia - which is good to see what else the world has to offer. Where to next? California?
    I said goodbye to Eckernförde on the weekend. Jonie's school presentation was a blast. You woud have been very proud of him. I was :-) Only 5 days until I leave the old country here. I am looking forward to seeing you sometime, somewhere soon. Love, Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi Tim,

    check this out:
    http://davesmusicclub.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/the-cat-empire-live-review/

    ReplyDelete