Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 4

We decided to have a quiet day at the lagoon, read our books and chill. Everyone who knows me though knows that I cant sit still for long and so I ended up doing all sorts of stuff. We met two French guys who played water rugby with me and a staff member which was incredibly exhausting but a lot of fun. We stayed in front of our hostel though and didn't even bother to go to sunset beach. In the afternoon the French guys asked me if I wanted to go fishing with them. I didn't really want to go at first but after a while Bekki and I decided to join them because it did sound like fun. We went on a boat with two locals and drove to another island that was uninhabited and looked beautiful in the setting sun. We roamed the reefs around it and I really caught a fish. It was the first time ever for me to catch something with a rod and it was kind of exciting.
It was cool when the guy, Moses, who took us on his boat called out "striking time" and in that very moment two fish took the bait.
We drove back when it started to get dark, had dinner and then went to Moses place to try the fish. It was strange to see that fish, that we had just pulled out of the ocean, on a plate but it didn't taste too bad.
Some local kids. They always came down to the beach and would play with anything they found. They were really cute and loved if you came up to them and threw them around or chased them.

Me and my new favorite animal.

Clement and Flavier

Joe and our first catch

Bekki fighting the biggest fish of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment