Friday, June 3, 2011

What's happenin' ?

OK. I guess it's time for a new update.
The last week was dominated by rain and cold winds. It started last weekend and didn't really stop til Thursday. It would have been really hard for us to survive these days without our lovely and generous friends. We stayed at different places around Newport and Mona Vale and were supplied with hot showers, food, a roof over our heads and good company. We didn't really do much than sit around, watch TV and chat but it was nice to get out of the rain. A huge "thank you" to those wonderful people that helped us out!
The weather is much better now and even though you can feel that Winter is slowly arriving the sun still shines and warms everything up again. Because of the strong ESE-winds earlier this week the ocean is pushing some big swells towards the coast. Unrideable til Thursday but then the wind changed to side-/offshore on friday morning. I went surfing at the peak in the early afternoon and it was big. It is always hard to surf the peak when it's working because there are heaps of people out there and the takeoff area is very small so I had some problems getting my share of the waves.
We had dropped the car off at the mechanic in the morning to get a service and picked it up in the afternoon with new break pads and a cleaned engine.
I had an early morning surf with Will and AJ at Bilgola where it was barreling at the south reef but the surf was really heavy and it took me quite an effort to takeoff on my first wave and all that went through my head was: make the takeoff, stand good so you don't fall and get the hell off that wave again.
Now I'm back in Newport with no plans and a big hungry belly that hasn't eaten jet so I'm going to make myself some breakfast.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Tim, Ian here. My computer blew up, so I am on Till's. Sounds wet and wild over there. I hope the cold weather isn't getting you down. Love to Bekki, the Barbers and all. LOve, Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ian, Tim here. Nothing can get me down for long. Everything is fine, especially when you have such good friends, and the weather is good again. We had beautiful sunshine and 3-4 feet, offshore conditions today. If I had been down that would have cheered me up again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey tim,
    I have had the same problem at the peak... giant boombs out there, very hard takeoff and soo crowded...i would love to go out there with you again..
    love jonie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tim, your lost sock here. The other one blew up...it was tooo stinky. Can we get to see some pictures of you (stinky) guys?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah not rly...
    I hate taking all these posed pictures. We took some the other day though; you might get to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of you surfing in your Superman-underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah man ! do a hang 11 for us plz :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dooin' it all the time but I always nosedive cuz it gets too heavy...

    ReplyDelete